Refrigeration units are vital to the food industry and are often the target of inspections by the Food and Drug Authority. The inspections are mainly about audits for temperature abuse. Good and efficient refrigeration is the key to any food safety strategy for many types of retails stores and restaurants. There are many types of refrigeration units that are often custom built to suit the application they are meant for.
Some of the popular food items that require refrigeration include beverages, milk, other dairy products, food items, and many more. Refrigeration units like the cool rooms, milk vats, storage refrigerators, display refrigerators, etc are used in such applications. The maintenance of such refrigerators units is critical since they store food products and often require help from the experts who can replace or fix components like the VSD drives, etc. This article goes on to provide vital information on the maintenance of refrigeration units.
Tips for Maintenance of Refrigeration Equipment
Commercial refrigeration and freezing equipment like a glycol chiller is critical for the many types of businesses like restaurants, retails places, etc. It is essential that this type of equipment is always in working order and energy-efficient since such equipment tends to consume a lot of energy. Hence, preventive care is very important for this type of device. It is good practice to pick refrigeration units that are environmentally friendly. Regular maintenance helps prevent costly breakdowns as well as being in an emergency situation. Here are several tips for maintenance of refrigeration equipment:
- A refrigeration system that is regularly checked is easy to spot any issues that the refrigeration system might be having and fix them before they lead to bigger problems.
- Placing trust in low cost maintenance might result in having to spend more on maintenance than necessary.
- Cleaning the refrigeration units on a regular basis will help reduce the wear and tear on the system and avoid critical parts from breaking down.
- Some of the vital components of refrigeration units include the evaporator and condenser coils. Keeping them clean will help reduce the load on these components and reduce the risk of any failure.
- One of the major benefits of keeping the units clean is that it will help maintain the products in very good condition.
- Maintaining the cooling units in the right manner is a very good method of reducing your energy bill and keeping the refrigeration unit running in pristine condition.
- Dirty condenser coils means the refrigeration unit will need to work harder to maintain the temperature, it will utilize more energy and there are more chances of failure.
- A service technician helps with the cleaning of the coils and spotting issues with components well in advance. They replace any worn out components well in advance and ensure that the temperature settings and other elements are working at maximum efficiency. The service technicians also ensure there is minimum power consumption.
- Regular maintenance and cleaning is a good way of extending the life of commercial refrigerators and freezers.
Some of the common tasks performed by the maintenance technicians include cleaning the evaporator, condenser coils, checking the lines for condensation, cleaning the fan blades, inspecting fan motors, checking the integrity of the insulations, checking for leaks of any kind like air leaks through cracks, holes, worn out parts like gaskets and seal. They also lubricate the door hinges and handles and clean drain lines of debris.