We often associated furniture with chairs, tables, and wardrobes; however, when it comes to kid’s furniture, it means other things. Similarly, there is also a difference in the factors we consider before investing in kid’s furniture. One of the most important factors we consider when buying furniture is longevity. However, when it comes to kid’s furniture, parents try to be more practical and look for more functional value. There are many types of furniture for children like the nursing chair in Australia and many more.
For example, kid’s furniture like cribs and changing tables only come in handy when a child is young. There have been surveys conducted that suggest that a large number of people invest in furniture for children all over the world and Australia is no exception. This article lists several essential tips and statistics on kids’ furniture and is a must-read for those looking for baby furniture in Australia.
Several statistics available online give a good overview of the popularity of kids’ furniture and how it is expected to grow in the future.
- Sales of kid’s furniture in the USA in 2012 worth $5 Billion.
- The percentage of households opting to buy kids furniture in Australia is 22.4% while in the UK it is 22.4% as well.
- As per a survey conducted online, Asia Pacific is one of the largest markets for children’s furniture, where Europe comes second.
- There is expected to 6 % CAGR growth over the period between 2019 and 2027.
- The global market value of kid’s furniture is expected to rise to 171.4 Billion USD by 2027.
Tips to Buy Kid Furniture
- The comfort of kids is of the utmost importance when selecting furniture for your child.
- Keep in mind the theme or existing decor of your house when selecting furniture.
- Make a budget before preparing your shopping list and stick to it.
- Bright colours will make a child feel happy and more comfortable.
- Do some research before visiting the store or shopping online to get a good insight into what is available?
- It is a good idea to check the products for defects, one receiving them besides checking the functionality and design.
- Buying from second-hand stores is not advisable.
- For the sake of future support, it is best to register any product that you purchase.
- Kids tend to outgrow things pretty fast, like clothes. The same applies to furniture as well. For example, a crib will not be useful beyond a certain age. It is a good idea to consider such factors before making your selection, and opt for a bassinet that can be modified into a cot when the need be.
- One of the most important factors to consider is the standard of safety. Always ensure all the kid’s furniture items are entirely safe and secure to use.
- Avoid buying Kids furniture which Sharpe edges or pointed structures protruding like nails, etc.
- Any dresser or storage you select for a child should always be extended, comprehensive, and not very high. This would make the items easily assessable to a child.
- The kid requires plenty of storage space. Hence it makes sense to invest in suitable storage space solutions; this will also ensure the toys do not clutter your room.
- A decent bookshelf can be invaluable to keep all your kid’s books in one place. This may be bedtime stories, read-aloud books, or other types of books as per the age of the child.