Do you want your place to be bright and adorned with the beautiful lights? Then the lighting stores that keep the modern and traditional lightings can fulfill your wish. The designs of the lights are changing day by day and you should pick the right one according to your interior to get the best view. Apart from beautifying your room, the lights also play a major role in your regular life, health, and mood at the same time. That is the reason why you need to judiciously choose your lights from the best lighting stores.
The Use of Each Room
Every room in your home serves a specific purpose. Before you go to the lighting stores, consider how you are going to use each room because every type of lighting would not be suitable for every room. After taking this decision, decide on one of the categories of lighting from below:
- Ambient lighting illuminates the entire room. Chandeliers, pendant lights, and wall sconces come under this category.
- Task lighting is used for the reading area and is brighter than ambient lighting and focuses on the specified area. Ask lighting stores for desk lamps and under-cabinet kitchen lights when you are looking for task lighting.
- Accent lighting highlights an area of work, art, or a bookcase. Wall lights and landscape lights come under this category.
The Right Bulb is Important
Every good lighting stores stock various kinds of light bulbs, and you need to tell them how you have planned to light up your rooms. This will help them to advise you on which kind of bulb would be most suitable for your purpose. There are four basic kinds of bulbs.
- The traditional or incandescent bulb is what we have been using for decades. They produce a warm glowing light. They are now giving place to better energy-efficient lighting.
- CFL or Compact Fluorescent lights use much less energy and are more durable than the incandescent lights. They give off a cooler tone but are available in a large range of brightness.
- LEDs lasted up to three times longer than CFLs and were mostly used as task lighting, because of their harsh, direct light. Today there has been a lot of improvement in the LEDs, and though expensive they are quite popular.
- Lighting stores also stock halogens which have a bright, white light, making them excellent task lighting.
Fixtures for Your Lighting
Once you have decided on the bulbs, get the fixtures also from your lighting stores. Proper fixtures go a long way in brightening up your home. They too come in different kinds.
- Use the ‘ceiling mount fixtures’ for ambient lighting at the entry foyers, hallways, bedrooms, task areas, and stairways.
- Use ‘chandeliers’ in the dining room or bedrooms for ambient lighting.
- Wall-mounted fixtures or sconces are used for the ambient, task, or accent lighting, depending on where you are using the lights.
- Hang ‘pendant lighting’ from the ceiling. They come with shades to avoid the glare and are best used over dining tables and countertops.
- Use recessed lighting and track lighting for general, task, or accent lighting. The latter proves versatile as the lamps can be moved in whichever direction you desire.
- Table lamps can be used as accent lighting in a living room or as task lighting in a bedroom.
Home designing does not come naturally, to everyone, and it may not be very easy for you to decide on the lighting of your home. However, that does not mean that you will not be able to light up your home correctly. Just express what you want and where you want to get the best product from the lighting stores.